As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices’ vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of smart, sustainable technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world. With growth throughout Canada, we are looking to add to our team in Ottawa. We are seeking an experienced Technical Specialist or Project Engineer in the Ottawa region.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for leading the deployment of complete Systems that include Clever Devices products combined with complementary technologies, including deployment of hardware products and interfaces, to provide a holistic solution that meets customer requirements. The Technical Specialist works closely with the Systems Engineer to analyze the customer requirements and required functionality early in the project cycle; conduct the customer design reviews, conduct the Factory Acceptance Testing with the Customer and lead the subsequent deployment at the Customer site. Participate in the System Acceptance Testing with the Lead Project or Systems Engineer.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Clever Devices software and products.
- Support Product Management and Engineering in the definition of software and hardware products and interfaces.
- Support the Systems Engineer on the Internal Requirements Review with Product Management and IT Deployment.
- Support the Systems Engineer with the Preliminary and the Final System Design.
- Review the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plan developed by the Systems Engineer.
- Lead the FAT with Systems Engineering support.
- Document parameter and other changes carried out during the test and the deployment phase.
- Review the System Acceptance Test (SAT) plan developed by the Systems Engineer.
- Help with the SAT or lead the SAT with Systems Engineering support.
- Ensure System compatibility and interoperability of all sub-systems.
- Manage and document system configurations.
- Ensures the deployment of the solution is successful.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary while documenting the same using the ticketing system.
- Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration and processes.
- Collaborate with Systems Engineers and Project Managers on all projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in project/ systems engineering involving hardware, software, data and communications technologies.
- S. in Computer Science, Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- P.Eng a plus (P.Eng required to obtain the Project Engineer title).
- Ability to help implement large scale projects.
- Ability to retrieve information from customers, apply this information to products and influence the change needed either in the products or in the customer requirements.
- Some database experience.
- Good understanding of the J1939 and J1708 protocols and experience with Multiplex systems
- Some hardware design experience.
- Ability to independently gather and document requirements and support design requirements and product definition.
- Good computer skills particularly with MS Office including Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Project. Ability to learn new programs such as MS Dynamics AX.
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation and influence skills.
- Travel at least 40% of the time (ability to travel to the US for business and training required).
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com