As THE leader in transit technology, Clever Devices’ vision is to make meaningful contributions to worldwide mobility. Our goal is to be the leading provider of smart, sustainable technology that improves the quality of mobility in communities around the world.
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Software Developer for one of our products to join our passionate team of developers in our growing Toronto office. This position will report to the Manager of Software Development and will join a team of Senior Software Developers working on a complete re-write of a preventive maintenance web application using Microservices, Docker, .Net Core, and other similar technologies.
Must Have: Software Development Experience 6+ years, C#, SQL Server.
Nice to Have: Angular 6 or later,.NET Core, Microservices, Docker, ASP.NET MVC, Windows Services, Web API, Java, NoSQL, SaaS, understanding of various Cloud offerings, Responsive Web Design, TDD, BDD, Git.
- Write maintainable, clean, re-usable, object-oriented, and efficient programming code in compliance with department standards and templates.
- Work within source control utilizing branching, merging, proper check-in procedures, and passing of continuous builds to ensure that software is always releasable
- Participate in peer code reviews and ensure high code quality and unit test coverage.
- Ability to learn and work with existing older code base, make improvements where necessary and provide ongoing development and support on the existing version of the product.
- Be comfortable in system design and able to assist in defining, designing, and building the next version of the product.
- Be able to work on production and support issues, and work with different teams to resolve escalation issues from the field. Identify and advise improvements to the existing product to reduce escalation issues.
- Learn and understand the technical details of all relevant products and gain hands-on familiarity of the system as required
- Contribute fresh, new ideas during developer meetings demonstrating a commitment to on-going learning
- Utilize code coverage, code metrics, and other tools to improve quality of code
- Mentor and assist in the training and on-boarding of new team members
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on software development experience, with at least 2 years leading a team of engineers.
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience working with JIRA is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and teams, demonstrating high-quality interpersonal skills, including good listening skills, respectful treatment of others, and professional behavior contributing to a positive and enjoyable environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and also individually with a self-starter (“can do”) attitude
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with technical and non-technical people
- Excellent research, analytical, and organization skills with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to perform work activities according to set priorities and delivery timelines
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to perform work activities for multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to participate in speaking engagements or be involved within user groups, community groups, or other events attended by the department
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com