The Office Manager will provide administrative and office support to the Toronto office and act as an HR liaison to the Corporate office. The office Manager will be responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
The Office Manager will handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be required to work independently with little or no supervision. The Office Manager will also liaise with Corporate Human Resources. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Receiving mail, preparing shipping labels, arranging for parcel pick-ups, delivering mail to the post office, and other mail related responsibilities.
- Coordinating with IT/setting up computers, keeping inventory of asset tags, and shipping parts back to head office.
- Scanning receipts and entering office-related expenses into Concur.
- Manage and maintain office seating chart.
- Administering elevator and office keys issuance and return.
- Handle new employee on-boarding ensuring applicable regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and participate in office related regulatory requirements as related to the Toronto Office Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC).
- Maintain the dishwasher, putting away dishes each morning and putting it on each night.
- Administer office supplies and equipment, monitoring levels and placing orders for more.
- Administer coffee supplies, monitoring levels and placing orders for more.
- Human Resources-related functions, such as checking work papers when new employees start, taking employee photos and arranging ID badges.
- Assisting in helping coordinate and monitor contractors or people visiting the office.
- Handling employee concerns regarding the office overall, such as cleaning problems.
- Oversee and organize office related events such as office/holiday parties, food deliveries, etc.
- Any other administrative tasks as required.
The Office Manager will perform duties in an independent manner while taking direction from the corporate office (Woodbury, NY). They must be capable of exercising basic discretion and judgment regarding routine work, and look for assistance on non-routine events and issues.
- 5+ years in an office or administrative support function supporting a smaller facility (20-30 employees).
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership and attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and ability to learn new programs such as Axapta
- Have strong professional demeanor with the ability to handle important and sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
Send Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org